Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ideas

A friend of mine commented that he did not understand To the Resurrection Station until I told him what it was about. So my long conversation at the novel's end did not work for a guy who is a very intelligent, thoughtful reader. I guess the joke is on me.

As I mentioned below, I really like the stories I write that strike me as clever. But maybe the rest of the world does not share my interest in trickiness. Maybe my tricks are not as good as I think they are.

Well, almost everyone has some little area of vanity. Since my tricks appeal to me and do not bother other people too much, I guess I will keep on with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tallgeese said...

It is about the General Intellect, sort of, no? (As in alienation from labor.)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Tallgeese said...

It is also replete with references to other SF/F works from Oz to Daybreak 2250 (except here the Beast Things aren't, well, very bestial).

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home