Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weather Report

It's sunny right now, blue skies with high clouds. Some chance of rain, maybe later. 70 degrees and windy. We have the windows open and a fan going, blowing the fresh air around and the bad humors out.

We went to the Farmers Market for the second time this season today, which is shameful. It opens at the start of May, and now -- two months later -- I finally take a serious look around. The asparagus is all gone, of course. There is lettuce, spinach, small potatoes and tiny beets, radishes, scallions, zucchini... and flowers.

We were to the grocery store yesterday and have a full icebox. (Does anyone write icebox anymore? What is wrong with me? Refrigerator sounds so long and clumsy.) So I passed on the really fine looking radishes and lettuce. But I bought handmade bread and a bouquet of flowers, now turned into two bouquets in our living room. The sunflowers are blooming and the zinnias. Summer is farther along than I had realized.

Right now I am working on the Lady Poetesses from Hell anthology. We are having a production meeting this afternoon. After that, I need to send line edits for a story to Tales of the Unanticipated. You should always get TOTU, if possible. (It's available at Dreamhaven and Uncle Hugo's, both at the store and online.) This coming issue will have my Republican convention story, which I like a lot. Buy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home