Saturday, June 05, 2010

Money

From My Money Blog:
Nobel laureate and founder of behavioral economics Daniel Kahneman performed a TED Talk this year... What ended up being the catchy soundbite was in the Q&A session after his talk, where he tells us that while millions of dollars won’t buy you happiness, a job that pays $60,000 a year might help. This is based on a survey of 600,000 Americans:

“Below 60,000 dollars a year, people are unhappy, and they get progressively unhappier the poorer they get. Above that, we get an absolutely flat line. I mean I’ve rarely seen lines so flat.

“Clearly… money does not buy you experiential happiness, but lack of money certainly buys you misery,” he said. But the real trick, Kahneman said, is to spend time with people you like.
So we could redistribute the nation's wealth, so most people would have more. The poor would be happier, and the rich would not be less happy.

Per Wikiepdia, in 2007 households in the United States earned roughly $7.896 trillion in total. There were 116,011,000 households in the US in 2007. That is $68,062 per household if I have done the math right.

Sounds good to me.

I already spend time with people I like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home