Sunday, April 24, 2011

MInicon

I was at Minicon all day yesterday. I had some good conversations with friends, but as usual I talked too much. This is a typical reaction to conventions, especially ones where I know a lot of people.

One of my fantasies is to go to a science fiction convention where I know no one. I would go to panels, a lot of them, and listen and say nothing. Sit alone in the hotel restaurant and write in my journal. Think about science fiction and fantasy and the SF community.

I would probably end up feeling lonely and neglected. But as a fantasy it seems lovely and restful.

Maybe I should try it at some con like World Fantasy. The last time I checked it, I recognized almost no one on the membership list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Russell Letson said...

You talked not at all too much, at least not during the time you spent with us. How can you talk too much to your friends?

10:21 AM  
Blogger darren7889 said...

I appreciate your hard work. Keep posting new updates with us. This is really a wonderful post. Nice Blog Very interesting and useful information on your website. Thanks for sharing the blog and this great information which is definitely going to help us.

BEST REGARDS:
office.com/setup
office.com/setup

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home