Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Writing News

The current (October/November) issue of Asimov's has a story by me: "My Husband Steinn."

And the 28th edition of "The Year's Best Science Fiction" includes my "Mammoths of the Great Plains."

"Steinn" is a story based on Icelandic folklore and on the giant hydroelectric project in Eastern Iceland.

"Mammoths" is "Mammoths."

Other than that, I am trucking along on new Lydia Duluth stories and new hwarhath stories, and thinking of going back to a story I began years ago, titled "Nine Red Princes and a Yellow Demon."

And I still have to finish revising the sequel to Ring of Swords.

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I liked My Husband Steinn a lot. The tone reminded me of Thorstein the Staff-Struck, which I teach in my World Lit classes -- I think that work comes from Icelandic sagas, so that makes sense.

I can't wait for the sequel to Ring of Swords, BTW. That and Women of the Iron People, I read them both over again every few years.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home