Friday, October 26, 2012

Postscript to Preceding Post

I have to say that there is pleasure in getting angry over something that doesn't matter. In the end, The New Yorker's opinion will not have any effect on the writing I enjoy. When I get angry at politics or economics, the anger involves fear and frustration, because it does matter and I have so little power.

The opinions of anti-choice Republicans can end in grave harm for many people. Mr. Krystal's opinions only matter in a tiny elitist enclave that the rest of us can avoid.

So I enjoy a short burst of righteous anger when faced with Mr. Krystal. But now I need to calm down and move on to things that matter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gruttlegrake said...

Well stated.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sean M. Murphy said...

A tiny elitist enclave with enormous position to impact the evaluation, status, and standing of our craft.

I should sic Chris Kluwe on him.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home