Friday, April 12, 2013

News

I am doing something that I think is sane. I have been in the habit of beginning the day by reading political and economic blogs. The news on them is usually depressing and angering. Now I am trying to start the day by checking facebook, my various email accounts and my blog. My facebook colleagues tend to be political and progressive, so I get a lot of news there, but it is intermixed with cat photos and links to xycd. I have liked Curiosity's facebook page, also the facebook page of Idle No More, the First Nation movement in Canada. So I get inspirational photos of Mars and native people marching. Much more cheering than the usual news.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Morrigan said...

Yes, news that makes you angry isn't the best way to start a productive day, is it? I like to look at positive happy things to start the day, puts me in a better mood to get things done!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home