Saturday, May 11, 2013


I just read "A Diamond As Big As The Ritz" by F. Scott Fitzgerald as research for a story I'm writing. I'm sure I've read it before, but not for many years. It's a combination of a tall tale and King Solomon's Mines and chock full of class hatred. If this is any indication Fitzgerald did not like the American rich much at all.


Blogger Eleanor said...

If you haven't read it, it's a horrible story about horrible people.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Leslie Bates said...

Darn, I'll have to scratch that off my reading list.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

Leslie -- It's funny, horrible story. I should have made that clear.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Leslie Bates said...


I'm still trying to get the hang of this writing thing. On my last attempt to write a novel I fell into the "tell-not show trap," and managed to write an 800 word outline for a completely different work.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home