Thursday, December 05, 2013

Weather

A glorious day. Cold and crisp, with a bright blue, cloudless sky. There is fresh snow on the ground and rooftops and the branches of trees.

I have finished packing up manuscripts for the time being and have cleaned out another magazine rack, plus the pile on top of the magazine stool. This time of year, with catalogs pouring in, I have to remain vigilant. If I don't, magazines and catalogs will take over the apartment. Most of my holiday shopping is done. Now I have to figure out how to pay for it. Two essays to finish today, plus some fiddling with the new story.

The big tasks -- clearing my writing desk so I can actually use it and dread filing -- still remain.

A great quote from Antoine de Saint-Exupery from Jim Hines' blog: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.“ I figure this is what writing is about.

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

That's a great quotation.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home