Friday, November 18, 2016

Positive

I am going to try being more positive. As I wrote on facebook, I have a dim memory -- maybe from a book or movie out of WWII -- that spreading doubt and fear in a time of war is wrong.

I just sent money off to good cause organizations, especially those that protect women's and minority rights. Having worked for many nonprofits, I know how important money is.

I can't make up my mind about the safety pin emblem. Is it a good idea? Most likely, yes.

I post a lot of bird and animal photos on facebook, because they are cheering and calming, and I post some news, because people need to be informed.

Right now, I can't write fiction.

4 Comments:

Blogger Foxessa said...

Personally -- I call bs on safety pins. It's just one more thing that makes people think they've done something and can congratulate themselves for when they've done NOTHING. Wear a safety pin but pretend we didn't the slave coffles being marched to the wharf after midnight, shackles muffled with rags to keep the clanking from disturbing the sleep of precious little ones, or the whistles of the secret after midnight trains taking cattle cars of human cargo to -- Yah. That safety pin is real meaningful and real useful.


6:31 AM  
Blogger Foxessa said...

That you are actually spending time dithering about whether or not to put a safety pin on your jacket should be information enough to confirm how utterly meaningless it is.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Foxessa said...

This republic, now a racist corporate fascist oligarchy, cannot be safety pinned into a whole and hold.

It's like the compromises of the antebellum era about slavery -- in the end the forces demanding expansion of the slaveocracy into all corners of the Union started shooting.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Foxessa said...

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2016/11/come-on-white-people-we-need-more-than-safety-pins-to-make-us-feel-safe/

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home