Saturday, June 23, 2007

A quiet Saturday

Patrick and I ran errands this morning. I am accumulating tools for revising the sequel to Ring of Swords: a three ring binder and matching notebook, a Lamy mechanical pencil and extra leads, three different kinds of eraser. I've decided to try working in pencil with eraser, rather than using a pen and making an ungodly mess, which is my usual technique: lines written up the side of the page, then crossed out and more lines written in.

Don't I revise on the computer? Sometimes. Usually I revise as I'm writing -- each time I go back to a story, I revise what I wrote the last time, then move on.

In this case, I haven't been able to find the disks with the novel on them. I'm mulling over whether I want to pay to have the novel scanned, which will be expensive, or input it myself, which will be tedious.

There is a moral here. Always move files to your new computer, and make sure your new word processing program can read them. Do not put your only electronic copy on disks, which you then misplace.

We are home now. I have been fixing food, while Patrick uses the Internet to find out how to talk like a pirate.

He's moved on to a pirate name generator, which I am going to have to check out.

Tomorrow, I go to see Paprika, an anime film by the guy who made Millennium Actress, which I really liked.

Tonight we are going to see Serenity on DVD.

If we were more energetic, and it wasn't 85 degrees, we'd go out and listen to the Twin Cities jazz festival, which is happening in downtown St. Paul tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to let me know how Paprika was. I may want to see that one.

1:39 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

Boy, do I wish I lived somewhere that showed movies I actually wanted to see.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home