Friday, April 02, 2010

Crediting the Quote

I thought I ought to credit the quote about The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged posted below. (The site where I found it gave no credit. The quote is so fine that this seemed wrong.) I input the first line of the quote into Google and got 103,000 results.

Most of those I checked also gave no credit for the quote. Two or three credited the blog Kung Fu Monkey. I went there and found the quote, not attributed to anyone else. Kung Fu Monkey has it, till I learn otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyle Daggett said...

After I read this post I got curious and went Googling too, and I'm satisfied that Kung Fu Monkey is the original source, specifically John Rogers, one of the Kung Fu Monkey authors.

In the original (apparently) quote, the first sentence begins, "There are two novels that can change..." etc. [emphasis added]; and the last sentence reads, "The other, of course, involves orcs." [Again emphasis added.]

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home