Sunday, December 08, 2013

Weather Report

From facebook:
A sultry 7 F above at the moment. It has snowed again and is still snowing. I got nothing useful done yesterday, except exercise and a load of wash. We watched the PBS Mansfield Park aka Jogging Fanny (thank you for that name, Catherine Lundoff). We liked it better this time and had a nice discussion after on the book. In some ways, it's a hard book to like. Patrick likes the Crawfords much better than Fanny and Edmund and thinks the book ends in exhaustion: the marriage of Fanny and Edmund is a down note. I suspect that the book's title tells us this is an ensemble piece. It is about the entire MP household.

We will probably go to a mall today, since I have some Barnes and Noble coupons, if they haven't run out. Why not Uncle Hugo's you ask? It's farther away, and the route is likely to be more icy. Then a stop in a shoestore to look at Smartwool socks. Do I need more socks? No. This cold snap could end, and I'd be stuck with too many pairs of wool socks. But looking is fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Foxessa said...

The more time goes on the more I admire Mansfield Park. Its brilliance and charms are/were too subtle and sophisticated for me for too many years. Among other things I needed to acquire and truly inhabit a lot more history of the era first.

Love, C.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home