Thursday, November 27, 2014

Identity Politics Yet Again

Patrick read the emails I got from Wiscon programming and was furious. He said they were ageist and showed deep disrespect to an elder (me). P. takes his Native heritage fairly seriously and respecting elders is a major issue in Native Communities.

In any case, I don't think I can communicate with Wiscon again, which may be a problem, since I have several books coming out next year, and Wiscon -- in the past -- would have been the place to publicize them.

Timmi Duchamp of Aqueduct Press is enthusiastic about the Social Justice movement in the SFF community. She believes it is the most exciting thing to happen for years. I can only trust she is right. But I don't think I can work with the current SJ people.

1 Comments:

Blogger delagar said...

I've never been to Wiscon, though I was hoping to go one of these years if I could ever get funding from my university.

But I do not like what's been happening there over the past few years. So maybe not.

I'm so sorry and disappointed.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home