Friday, May 06, 2016

Writing

I have gone back to my old way of writing: carry a notebook with me everywhere and write whenever I have time and the impulse. It seems to be working well, so long as I keep track of the notebook. I spend a lot of time thinking about stories, more than I realized, niggling at plot problems, revising scenes in my mind. I might as well write down what I'm thinking about. I don't how long I will continue doing this, but it's pleasanter than the formal sitting down in front of a computer, and it seems to be more productive.

Why not carry a computer with me everywhere? Even a light computer is heavier than a notebook. Setting up a computer and making sure I can find an outlet is more complicated than opening a notebook. Also, I have some really fine pens and ought to use them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home